This could have been really ugly...

So I faxed off my resume today (what company in this day and age does not accept emailed resumes??) and then I went into a meeting. I get out of my meeting and my boss is asking to see me. So I find out that the fax did not go through and it spit out an undeliverable sheet that also shows the first page of my fax being my cover letter stating the position I was applying for and it is now in my boss' hands. I don't know who gave her the fax as she didn't say but at least one other person in our office knows as they are the ones that took it off the fax machine and gave it to my boss. Talk about uncomfortable. Ugh.

She has only been my boss for 2.5 weeks as she just joined us after they fired my boss 3.5 months ago, after I had only been there a week. I am not looking for a big raise or anything. That is not at all what it is about. It's about the work as I'm not really enjoying it. She and I talked and she told me how happy she has been with me these past two short weeks and that she'd hate to see me go. We talked about aspects of the role that I don't enjoy and we decided that some pieces will be delegated to the staff who report to me (I'll be starting those discussions tomorrow). She also asked me to let her know what would make this an ideal position for me and then she'll see what she can do to work toward some of that. She really is a great boss and I told her that my looking elsewhere was in no way a reflection of her.

Still. Uncomfortable!

0 comments: