First Mystery Shopping Assignment

Thanks to learning about a reputable mystery shopping organization from "Give Me Back My Five Bucks" (http://www.krystalatwork.blogspot.com), I have just received my first mystery shopping assignment.

I have to interact with, and make purchases from, 7 different departments in one large store. I am a bit concerned about how to keep track of every sales associate's name in each dept as I cannot take notes and look conspicuous; I have to look like a regular customer. I think I will use my cell phone and call myself at home and leave messages about each transaction.

I will get paid $10 for each departmental review I provide so that will be $70 in total.

This is going to be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 24, 2008 at 8:40 a.m.  

Congrats on earning the extra income and on your efforts to eliminate your debt. Have you considered using the money in your emergency fund to pay down your credit card debt? As you are aware the interest rate is absurd and I am positive what ever interest you are earning in your emergency fund does not match what you are paying out on Master Card. Just a thought.
The Hoss

Tammy June 24, 2008 at 7:47 p.m.  

I know. You're completely right and I should have done that some time ago. Not sure why I feel a sense of security having it when I have CC debt. I am going to make that transfer. Thanks!