So I am taking a leap of faith...

...and hope I do not land flat on my face.

I have resigned from my full time job and I do not have anything else lined up. For me to leave without having another job around the corner is really unlike me. I have not been unemployed since I was 14 and worked at Wendy's.

A lot has been happening with me lately and after some serious consideration I decided that resigning was best right now for my current situation and I am hopeful that things in my personal life will settle down and that I will find another job soon.

I do have a nest egg to get me through a couple months of not working but it won't last much longer than that and I don't want to have to tap into my LOC for living expenses. I still have my part time position and I could likely pick up some extra shifts there.

It's a bit scary but the market here in Alberta right now is hopping and there are more jobs than there are qualified candidates so I am hopeful.

I anticipate I may have to take a salary cut but I am fine with doing that for the right job with less stress than my current position.

So overall, what this means is that I am going to have to tighten the belt and watch my spending. No more dining out, which is the biggest money waster for me. Less driving to conserve gas as, at these prices, it is too expensive to waste. This shouldn't be an issue though as I will mainly only be driving to job interviews. No new clothes, though I am not much of a clothes horse anyway.

Here's hoping all will be well.

1 comments:

Canadian Saver October 10, 2008 at 5:43 p.m.  

Wow!! Any new developments? As you say, the job market is booming there so you more than likely will find something better :-)