So undecided about life in general

I think I'm having a mid-life crisis. Well, not really but I am really antsy and undecided about what to do right now and am seriously considering going back to school full time in September.

I am hoping the program I am considering will accept my previous diploma program as partial credit and that I will be able to start directly in year two rather than starting all over again. I am going to call them tomorrow.

Student finance gives a single person very little to live on and that is a huge consideration as I have to be sure I can make ends meet and still be able to put money toward my LOC. Now, of course, if I am in school full time my LOC payments are not going to be able to be the $850 I am currently paying. Perhaps I should just suck it up and keep working for the next two years until the LOC is paid off and then go back to school. Although, another option may be to do some of it by distance learning (at home study) while I am still working, which would allow me to still concentrate on debt repayment while getting some of the schooling done. Once the LOC was paid off it wouldn't be so bad to then go to school full time for maybe 1 year or so to complete the program.

I have a lot to think about and consider.

3 comments:

The Asian Pear January 6, 2009 at 8:46 p.m.  

hey there. i know how you feel about thoughts about going back to school... I've been doing some research about possible avenues...

have you considered possibly going back part-time student as well? it's another possible option to take. Some places even offer flexibility as they cater towards the older students with classes at night and during the weekends so that the students can still maintain a job during the day. It's another option you can look into... Good luck!

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 10:22 a.m.  

I have been through the should I/shouldn't I debate about going back to school (twice!!) and I'm glad I did (for the most part).

If your job is related to what you want to study, would your employer pay for some of the cost?

Canadian Saver January 8, 2009 at 5:50 p.m.  

Definitely a difficult decision... good luck deciding...