A new year, a new look!

Okay, not exactly "new" since we're three months into the year, I know.

I've changed the look of my blog and have somewhat changed the way I am thinking about my finances going forward. I recently took a fairly significant pay cut to get away from a very toxic environment, which meant I needed to re-think my spending and saving plans for this year (and beyond). I haven't fully thought it through and will be meeting with my financial advisor in early April to figure it all out but at this point my intention is to put enough away to be comfortable in retirement but not at the expense of enjoying life now.

I want to do considerably more travel than I have been in the past couple years. Deaths in the family and other family and work commitments have not allowed me to travel as much as I would have liked to lately and that is something I really want to focus on again.

Once I sit down and have some concrete figures in mind, I will change my sidebars.

1 comments:

Kristine March 21, 2010 at 3:42 p.m.  

I just read this post and the previous one and I wanted to send my condolences for your losses the past couple of years. I wish you much luck moving forward. Love the new look! I too took a pay cut to work at a less demanding job and to have more time with my son. Totally worth it! Hang in there.