Financial Goals for August

After just buying a new 2010 Honda CR-V in July and having car payments for the first time in at least 6 or 7 years, my finances now need even a bit more tightening up.

I have taken on additional shifts at my part-time job - shifts I used to work but stopped a little over a year ago - and the intention is for that money to go straight to paying for the vehicle.

I've increased my grocery budget a bit from what I nornally allow each month, being $300 up from $250 and have cut back a lot on what I normally let myself spend on eating out. I need to prepare food at home and stick to it!! It's not always easy to do that when working more than 60 hours each week but I really need to try.

I would like to earn at least $150 in August from ebay or kijiji sales from things I have around the house, to put toward a car starter as I must get one put in before winter.

I STILL need to update my sidebars but with working 60+ hours each week, taking care of my own house, taking care of my dad's house out of town (since it still has not sold), finding time to fiddle with HTML code never seems to happen. *sigh* one day I will get to it.

I'd also like to lose at least 6 pounds in August as, ideally, I'd like to lose 20 and I think 6 lbs in one month should be obtainable.

August Goals:

- stick to $300 grocery budget and make 95% of meals at home
- earn minimum $150 from ebay/kijiji sales from things around the house
- lose 6 lbs

0 comments: