Time to get finances back in check!

Okay, I keep saying I am going to get back to blogging and then life throws a wrench into things and it doesn't happen. Well, I am now going to make it happen.

This is just going to be a short post as it's late and tomorrow is a work day but my intention is to get back to focusing more on my finances for a number of reasons, including:

- full time position pays less than previous position
- I work a tremendous amount of OT but don't get paid for it
- 11 year old car needs replacing
- dad's house has not yet sold so am supporting 2 households with taxes, insurance and utilities (while making considerably less money)

For these reasons I really need to focus on having dedicated no-spend days, reducing unnecessary spending (biggest problem there is dining out/take out), and earning more income. To that end, I am increasing my hours at my p-time job starting this week. This will be difficult given the amount of OT my full time job requires but since they don't pay me for it I have to do something. If it becomes a problem, then I will have to have a frank discussion with my boss.

0 comments: