The Buck Stops Here (so to speak)

I have decided that I will use November as a trial month to see how well I can succeed at not buying any non-essentials. Committing to more than a month is too daunting for me right now so I will try one month and see how it goes.

The rules I will follow are:


  • allow myself $20/week for misc items such as buying a deli sandwich, etc. (this money cannot be spent on lipgloss, books, clothes, etc.)

  • allow myself a small budget of $50 to finish my Xmas gift shopping (am very close to done already)

  • allow purchases of essential items that I run out of (though don't really expect to run of anything as I am well stocked)

  • allow myself $50 max to celebrate my Bday at the end of the month

  • allow myself the luxury of keeping my gel nails ($32/month) as my nails would be total shit if I had them removed

In addition to the rules, I plan to stick to my grocery budget of $250 and have at least 10 dedicated no spend days in November.

I want a set of new nesting tables for my living room and if I am successful at not spending unnecessarily in November, I may allow myself to purchase these at the end of the month.

0 comments: