Giving Up Shopping

I am considering using November as a trial month to see if I can go a month without buying anything unnecessary. I don't buy a lot of "crap" any longer so I really don't think that this would be too difficult of a challenge for me.

I have been inspired by
Holly Is Stopping Shopping who has challenged herself to one year of no unnecessary spending and who is doing great at the mid-way point as well as by The Frugal Trenches who is on a journey of downshifitng and has just completed 6 months of not buying anything that wasn't truly needed.

I need to give this some more thought to determine what the "rules" will be but I really am considering giving this a try. Committting to an entire year of no shopping is too daunting for me but if I take it a month at a time who knows what can happen.

0 comments: