Happy 2011!

I am quite happy to ring in 2011 and I am really looking forward to getting back into the blogging world (I know, I have said this before).

Life truly was chaotic the past 2 years and my finances really went out the window given a number of unexpected expenses, some of which went on for over a year (supporting a second house on my single income), and coming up with the funds to cover my dad's funeral, to name just two.

Things have settled down now and I am dedicated to getting back on track financially for 2011 as well as with eating better - which means eating at home as often as possible and, therefore, ties into cost savings. I work about 60 hours per week so do find it hard to always fit in time to make meals but I am certainly going to try.

I have updated my sidebars, which are all looking quite pitiful except for the car loan (LOC). I bought a car in July and have paid a fair amount of it back so that at least feels good.

I took a vacation to Mexico just a couple weeks ago so my vacation fund has been drained and needs to be rebuilt for 2011. It was my best hot weather trip to-date and I definitely plan to go back.

Aside from my TFSA, I do not yet know what my retirement savings goal is yet for 2011. I just plugged in a figure for now to make sure my sidebar is working.

0 comments: