Today wasn't exactly frugal...



I spent a fair amount of money today.

Tuesday night I got home from work and my power had been out and that seemed to have zapped my digital cable box as it was dead and could not be resuscitated no matter how hard tech support tried. It must have been fried by a power surge as it was not plugged into a surge protector.

So, today I purchased a new HDPVR for $312.90 including tax. While this was totally unexpected, I can use my eBay sales to cover the cost. I don't go out much to the movies or other recreational things like that that cost money as I am happy to spend quiet evenings at home watching a very few select shows, which I am happy to watch over and over.

On occasion I would still record the odd thing on tape but I also just discovered this month that my VCR only went up to 2010 so it is not useful for timed recording any longer. So, all in all, I think having a PVR will be really useful for me and is a justifiable, if not necessary to get through life, expense.

I also spent $20.55 on mailing supplies for my eBay items, gum, a couple small items for a gift exchange and Static Guard at London Drugs.

0 comments: