Dollar Stores sure have come a long way

I find that the larger dollar stores like Everything for a Dollar and Dollarama in particular have some great bargains to be had. Now, of course there are some things that I would not pay $1 for as the quality just isn't there but here are some of the things I regularly buy at the $ Store:


  • generic Woolite/Zero

  • generic Comet

  • coffee filters

  • gift wrap/bags/boxes, cards and tissue paper

  • crushed garlic

  • juice glasses

  • gum

  • plastic baskets to organize drawers

  • bubble envelopes for packing items sold on ebay

  • batteries for my many remote controls

  • brand name DVD-R's (Sony, Maxell)


I am sure there are more items that are not coming to mind right now. I think the biggest savings for me have been on the gift bags and cards as the $ Store is so much cheaper than Hallmark.

One has to be careful though as it is easy to be enticed to buy more "stuff" than what you came for at a $ Store so shop wisely.

1 comments:

Canadian Saver July 31, 2008 at 1:22 p.m.  

I love going to the dollar store too sometimes to see what they have. It's the place I buy most of my cards and my gift bags too and I've also found great Sudoku or word find books. I like to have a few of those in my bag for when it gets slow at work...

Gum's also cheapest there...