Eating to Live not Living to Eat

I love food as much, or maybe more, than the next person. However, I am trying to trim my waistline as well as the costs associated with take out and eating at restaurants.

I was quite surprised to see on "Til Debt Do Us Part" that financial guru, Gail Vaz Oxlade, recommended that one couple go to one of those places where all the prep work is done and you just go assemble your meals and take them home to freeze. I always figured that these places were pretty costly but if Gail recommends it then it can't be that bad. I do suppose it makes financial sense as these places, while more expensive than doing it all on your own at home, are still less expensive, and the food more nutritious, than dining out all the time.

I am going to check these places out and sign up. My boss who was terminated a week after I started talked about the office going and doing this for a "fun day" but she got the axe and we never went.

I picked up a few groceries at Safeway tonight and spent $24.27. I saved $4.20 in Safeway Club Card Savings and $6.29 in coupons, for a total savings of $10.49.

0 comments: