Never realized Safeway was so expensive


The above table shows price differences between Safeway and my local produce market.
I have always shopped at Safeway for my groceries. Over the years people have said to me that they found Safeway expensive and I never really thought so. Now, of course Safeway is more expensive than Superstore but I don't care to buy my fresh foods at SS.

A year or so ago a produce market opened up right down the street from me and their prices are unbelievably good. Sometimes you can only buy small amouts of produce at a time as the items are sometimes very close to ripe, but most things last for a number of days, just like the produce at Safeway.
I can't believe the difference in some of these prices, particularly the organic salad kits and the sugar snap peas.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver July 31, 2008 at 1:20 p.m.  

Wow, those are indeed big differences... if it's not far out of your way, you can shop at both. Safeway's bound to have good sales from time to time... Lucky that you have a choice!

Fresh Start August 11, 2008 at 12:12 a.m.  

I used to work in the produce department of Super Store and I'd be careful about getting produce from there too. There are some things I want nothing to do with there but there's also a lot of other things that are perfectly fine.