A Significant Pay Cut

So I now have received my second pay cheque for the month from my new job and have a good idea of how much I will be bringing home each month and it is almost $1,000 less than the job I just left. That is pretty significant and I am really going to feel it.

I am going to sit down at Christmas and figure out how much I can realistically put towards my travel fund, emergency fund and retirement savings while still maximizing my debt repayment. I had been putting $1,200 toward my LOC (consumer debt) every month and I am afraid now that that may no longer be possible.

4 comments:

Northern Living Allowance December 18, 2008 at 7:13 p.m.  

Wow! That's a considerable difference! I think you'll manage to do just fine - it's just getting your head wrapped around the pay difference first...

Good luck!

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 10:12 p.m.  

Wow, how disappointing. Best of luck in reworking the budget!

Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 6:53 a.m.  

Sorry to hear about the paycut! Hopefully it all works out for you :)

Canadian Saver December 19, 2008 at 8:06 a.m.  

Yikes! That is a big amount indeed. Very smart of you to sit down and analyze your budget... it may turn out to be not as bad if you can tweak some things...

Good luck!