I love saving money on groceries

I buy the majority of my groceries from Safeway, which some people find expensive. I guess compared to Superstore and the like it is expensive but I like it there. However, I no longer buy much produce from Safeway as I can get it much cheaper at my local produce market. As an example, lemons have been $0.99 each at SW for the past several weeks. Today I purchased 5 lemons for $0.99 at the produce market. That is a HUGE difference and only one example.

Produce market:

  • bananas (4)
  • lemons (5)
  • persimmons (6)
  • pink lady apples (3)
  • mangoes (2)

Total spent $7.94

Safeway:

  • 2L Tetley Iced Tea (free with coupon)
  • tin foil
  • garbage bags
  • half and half
  • chicken burgers ($4 off with club card)
  • ground turkey
  • chicken thighs
  • raspberries ($1.98 off with club card)
  • prepared salad (buy one get one free with coupon PLUS $1 off with club card)

Coupon savings: $8.98

Club Card savings $6.89

Total Spent $42.27

2 comments:

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 2:04 p.m.  

Well done!! Great savings!

Canadian Saver November 22, 2008 at 11:48 a.m.  

You did awesome at the produce market!!

I didn't know what persimmons were... I googled them and it turns out I tasted them at the market on my trip, only they were called kaki there! Yum.