Maybe timing really is everything...

Six months ago when I started my last job and my boss was fired a week after I joined the company I had interviewed with a company and that process went on forever as they pretty much promised me the job but due to all their internal processes determined that they could not pay what I needed and this whole process went on for a couple months.

Well, I was on monster the other day and saw that this same position was posted so I emailed the HR dude (who I know from a past employer where we both worked for over 10 years each) and he called me and told me what has been happening with them. They filled this position a while back and that person was there a week and then left for another job she had been shortlisted for which paid more. They then hired another person who also ended up quitting shortly after starting as her previous employer offered her more money to come back to them. So here they are, needing to fill the position again.

He said that they are happy to hear I am still interested and he was intending on contacting me as well just to see where I am with things and he said that he really thinks they can increase the $$ as they've been proven twice now that their salary is too low and it has caused them to be unable to retain a good employee in that position. He said that it was the VP HR who was concerned with increasing the $$ before as it would have caused internal inequities but he would like me to come in and meet with the VP HR as he thinks that if that VP can talk to me first hand that he will see what I can bring to the table and be more willing to increase the salary. So the HR dude is going to call me back once he gets a hold of the VP HR.

I am feeling excited about this possibility and am hopeful that this can work out. Maybe things really do happen for a reason and maybe 6 months ago just wasn't the right time. This place is a 10 minute drive from my house with free parking, which is great.


It will still be a reduction from my last salary but if they can offer what the HR guy is hoping they can, it will be fine.

I NEED to get back to work!!

0 comments: