I think this is a rip off

I was just reading about this on Dolly Iris' Blog and it reminded me of how I feel I, and the other part time staff, get ripped off.

I have a part time job where I work evenings and weekends and they deduct $9/month for the Staff Fund. This covers things such as summer BBQs and the Xmas Party. Being that I never get to attend the BBQs as they happen during the weekday, all I get to partake in is the Xmas Party, which really is not my thing. However, I did go last year as I felt since I pay $108 per year into the Staff Fund, I may as well attend the party. Last year the dinner was really nice and I did win a door prize of $25 GC to Sears so I guess all was not lost.

I guess I will go again this year although I have nothing to wear and am on a shopping ban so will have to make due with something in my closet. It's a good thing that it is not a really dressy party.

0 comments: