A job offer!!

There was a long, drawn out saga about a company I had applied with 7 months ago and they not being able to pay the salary I was looking for, which I wrote about here. Today they called and made me a verbal offer. They came up quite a bit in salary and I knew I would have to take a cut from my last position and they offered me the minimum I was wanting to take. I mean at some point in the next few weeks I might have had to take an even lesser paying job but I had my minimum and they met that and it feels great.

Only drawback to this is that yesterday I applied for almost the exact same position with an NHL team and I think the NHL team would be my first choice since the positions are almost identical. I don't know how soon they will be doing interviews or even if I will be invited for one but if I do get an interview and get offered the job, I don't know what I would do as I would hate to accept this other job and then leave after a few short weeks. I'd feel like a total heel. The last two people they had in this position did exactly that and I would hate to do that to them as well.

I also got called today for an interview on Friday for an HR Recruiter position, which I applied for as a long shot as I don't have a lot of HR in my background. I accepted the interview though as the verbal offer is not in stone yet and I do not want to count my chickens before they hatch.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver November 13, 2008 at 5:23 a.m.  

Congratulations!! Sounds like so many great things are happening!

I don't think I could pass up the NHL job if offered... wow. Hope that goes well!!

Tammy November 13, 2008 at 11:56 a.m.  

Thank you so much. Fingers crossed on the NHL job even though that would cause me major stress. LOL!!