Making Xmas Gifts

Today was not a NSD as I picked up a couple grocery items I needed at Costco and while there picked up a couple things I needed to finish making Xmas baskets for my family. My mom and sister will be getting baskets filled with Sbux coffee, gourmet teas, biscotti and candies all wrapped up in cello and tied with ribbon. Last year I made my grown nieces with families of their own "night in at the movies" baskets with DVDs, microwave popcorn, chocolate bars and other candy. They seemed to really like them.

I am trying to get away from the overbearing commerical aspect of Christmas and do simpler gifts that don't add to a person's household clutter and can really be used. Certainly, my mother does not need more tschochkes, sweaters, earrings or bottles of perfume.

1 comments:

Canadian Saver November 13, 2008 at 5:27 a.m.  

These sound like great gifts!

My favorites as a teenager were baskets like these filled with bath and body products my mom would put together... all useful stuff in a very pretty basket or other imaginative container.