November's Update and December's Goals

My main goal this month was to not spend money on "crap" (TM GVO) and I am very happy to say that I had no trouble meeting this goal at all. I really had no desire to buy anything I truly did not need and I really was not tempted by anything. I did not venture out to the stores much and out of sight must have been out of mind.

I am going to challenge myself to not spend unnecessarily in December as well. I really do need a pair of flat black dress shoes as I do not have any and cannot wear heels every single day so I am going to allow myself $40 to find a pair in December.

I overspent my November grocery budget by $22.83. December's goal will be to stick to, and hopefully come in under, a grocery budget of $250.

Thankfully today was another NSD bringing the total to 7 NSDs out of my budgeted 10. I will not make my goal as there are only two more days in the month but I may just eek out and 8th NSD.

December's Goals:

  • to not spend unnecessarily on "stuff" I do not need
  • $250 for groceries (not including Xmas Eve food)
  • $75 food for Xmas Eve Party
  • 10 NSDs
  • start building the emergency fund back up now that I am working

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com November 28, 2008 at 6:30 p.m.  

I blew way too much this month. December is my monk month. Reflecting on what to do with my income and staying away from malls

Canadian Saver November 30, 2008 at 8:11 a.m.  

You did great!!! I need to work on my December goals also...